? ??????????????Chocolate Is Life? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (56 Ratings)??78 Grabs Today. 5149 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sweet Tarts? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??57 Grabs Today. 1278 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Reliving My Childhood

I never had an Easy-Bake Oven as a kid but I always wanted one. Lorelai got one from Santa last year, but she hasn't gotten around to cooking anything with it until recently. We decided on S'mores.

This year is the 45th anniversary of the Easy-Bake Oven and with her retro outfit it almost looks like she could be in an ad for the original.

The chef, preparing the ingredients for the oven's debut.


Putting the cookies in the oven. (I love Miller's expression in this one.)

Checking on her progress.

I'm sad to say I have no pictures to show for all of our efforts. As I stated previously, I never had an Easy-Bake Oven so I had no idea how long one little dessert would take to make. She lost interest after the first cookie started baking. I guess that's because she's used to putting normal baked goods into the oven and letting them bake and going back for them later while with these you have to change them out every 8 minutes and you have to let the ones that just baked sit in the colling chamber for 10 minutes. (It's quite a sophisticated science!) Anyway, by the time they were all finished she had forgotten about them so we didn't bother finishing them. Maybe next time we'll make something less complicated!!

0 comments: